ITEMS YOU’LL NEED
- Large fresh strawberries
- Lollipop sticks or plastic rose stems
- Small sharp paring knife
- Wash and completely dry your strawberries. Insert the lollipop stick or rose stem in the bottom of each strawberry. (If you do it after they’re cut it squishes the petals).
- Starting at the bottom, cut “petals” slightly angled towards the center of the strawberry but don’t cut all the way through. You want to cut about 1/4″ down on the first row on the bottom. (I was able to get about 5-6 “petals” on the bottom row).
- Using the knife, gently bend each cut piece out so it can slightly curl out creating a petal shape.
- With the remaining rows, it works best to cut as close to the skin/red as possible as the piece will curl out better. Start the next row of petals going in between the petals you have already cut.
- Continue all of the way to the top. Serve immediately.
(Source: Spend With Pennies)